I set out this year to spend more time reading actual books and, looking back, I’d say I fulfilled that particular resolution! By the end of July, I’d cranked through eighteen books including several graphic novels, a handful of non-fiction, and a couple of books about the atom bomb.
I was able to keep up the pace in the second half of the year mixing in a heavy helping of graphic novels (working through that comiXology collection), a handful of fiction, some design books, and a pair of motivational books by social worker and public speaker Brené Brown.
Here’s the complete rundown of what I read in the second half of this year:
- Crooked Little Vein by Warren Ellis
- City of Thieves by David Benioff
- Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury
- Designing for Performance: Weighing Aesthetics and Speed by Lara Callender Hogan
- RASL by Jeff Smith
- Boom! Voices of the Sixties Personal Reflections on the ‘60s and Today by Tom Brokaw
- Young, Gifted, and Black: The Story of Trojan Records by Michael de Koningh and Laurence Cane-Honeysett
- Cunning Plans: Talks By Warren Ellis by Warren Ellis
- Daring Greatly and Rising Strong by Brené Brown
- Spider-Man: Blue, Hulk: Gray, and Catwoman: When in Rome by Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale
- Batman: Year Two (Fear the Reaper) by Mike W. Barr and Alan Davis
- Batman: Year Three by Marv Wolfman and Pat Broderick
- Catwoman: Her Sister’s Keeper by Mindy Newell
- Using Webpagetest: Web Performance Testing for Novices and Power Users by Rick Viscomi, Andy Davies, and Marcel Duran
- Superman/Batman: World’s Finest by Dave Gibbons and Steve Rude
- Batman: Noël by Lee Bermejo
- The Missing Piece Meets the Big O by Shel Silverstein
- Batman/Huntress: Cry for Blood by Greg Rucka and Rick Burchett
- Catwoman, Vol. 1: The Game by Judd Winick and Guillem March
- Batgirl, Vol. 1: The Darkest Reflection by Gail Simone and Ardian Syaf
- Superman: Red Son by Mark Millar and Dave Johnson
Did I mention Batman is my favorite superhero…?
I feel really good about the amount I read this past year and fully intend to keep up the pace in the new year. If you’d like to follow along or share what you’re reading, you can find me over on Goodreads.