Year-To-Date Reading Report (Mid-2019 Edition)Published on .
The Reading Report returns for its fifth year! Here’s a look at what’ve I’ve read so far this year. The list skews heavily toward graphic novels owing to a rather lengthy digital comics backlog (thanks, comiXology…) and a newly acquired iPad Pro. I’m also ever-so-slowly working to pay down the growing backlog of in-progress books.
So far this year, I’ve read…
Fiction and Non-Fiction
- They Dared Return: The True Story of Jewish Spies Behind the Lines in Nazi Germany by Patrick K. O'Donnell
- Going Offline by Jeremy Keith
- The Phoenix Project: A Novel about IT, DevOps, and Helping Your Business Win by Gene Kim
- The Fifth Risk by Michael Lewis
- Identity Crisis by Brad Meltzer, Rags Morales, and Michael Blair
- Black Panther: A Nation Under Our Feet, Book 1 by Ta-Nehisi Coates
- Black Panther: A Nation Under Our Feet, Book 2 by Ta-Nehisi Coates
- Thor, Volume 1: The Goddess of Thunder by Jason Aaron, Russell Dauterman, and Jorge Molina
- Thor, Volume 2: Who Holds the Hammer? by Jason Aaron and Russell Dauterman
- Daredevil Noir by Alexander Irvine and Tom Coker
- Robin Vol. 1: Reborn by Chuck Dixon, Alan Grant, Norm Breyfogle, and Tom Lyle
- Robin Vol. 2: Triumphant by Chuck Dixon, Tom Lyle, and Bob Smith
- Batman: New Gotham, Volume One by Greg Rucka, Shawn Martinbrough, and Steve Mitchell
- Batman: New Gotham, Volume Two by Greg Rucka, Shawn Martinbrough, and Rick Burchett
- Batman: Bruce Wayne, Murderer? by Greg Rucka, et. al.
- Batman: Bruce Wayne, Fugitive by Greg Rucka, et. al.
- Daredevil: The Man Without Fear by Frank Miller and John Romita, Jr.
- Avengers 1959 by Howard Chaykin
- Captain Marvel, Vol. 1: Rise of Alpha Flight by Michele Fazekas, Tara Butters, Kris Anka, and Felipe Smith
- Captain Marvel, Vol. 2: Civil War II by Ruth Gage, Christy’s Gage, and Kris Anka
- Civil War II by Brian Michael Bendis and David Marquez
- The Adventures of Cyclops & Phoenix by Scott Lobdell and Gene Ha
For a trip down memory lane, check out posts from previous years:
- Year-To-Date Reading Report (Mid-2015 Edition)
- End-Of-Year Reading Report (2015 Edition)
- End-Of-Year Reading Report (2016 & 2017 Edition)
- End-Of-Year Reading Report (2018 Edition)
If you’d like to follow along more regularly, you can find me on Goodreads.