I also attended Derek Featherstone‘s full-day accessibility workshop. Derek’s one of the best in the industry as far as accessibility is concerned and it was a pleasure—not to mention an eye-opening experience—to spend a day learning from him.
My notes from Day 2 and the accessibility workshop can be found here:
- #RWD is Still Hard/Easy, presented by Dan Mall.
- The Art of Anticipation, presented by Derek Featherstone.
- Designing Engagement, presented by Jaimee Newberry.
- SVG is for Everybody, presented by Chris Coyier.
- Designing Using Data, presented by Sarah Parmenter.
- Co-Design Not Redesign, presented by Kevin M. Hoffman.
- A Day Apart: Responsive Design and Accessibility, presented by Derek Featherstone.
Those are my quick, as-they-happened notes and my intent is to write a more thorough recap of the event’s major themes in the days to come.
Thank you again to the speakers, the organizers, and everyone else who made An Event Apart DC 2014 a great event!